How do I get help?

Whether you’re concerned about someone you know being criminally exploited or you are involved yourself, it’s important to remember that there is a way out and help and support are available for you.

The best way of getting help is to talk to an adult that you can trust such as a parent, teacher, head of year, social worker or sports coach for example.  The important thing is to make sure that it’s an adult that you can trust and that will have your best interests at heart.

Remember, making a child commit crime is a crime and so you can report the problem to the police who will be able to put support in place to protect you.   If you’re ever in immediate danger, you should call the police on 999

If you’re not sure who to talk to, you can contact ChildLine on 0800 1111 or visit their website here.


© 2021 Derby City Council