RAF Cadets – Royal Air Force
Cadet activities include:
• Easter/summer camps
• Overseas camps – Spend 10 days in Cyprus with fantastic weather, swimming, sailing, and maybe even see the Red Arrows practise their displays (they train there). Head to Germany where you’ll visit a city or cemetery from the First and Second World Wars. You may even get to fly in helicopters – another exciting possibility for cadets.
• Adventurous training – A huge part of cadet training. We have two centres, at Windermere in the Lake District and Llanbedr in coastal Wales, both with stunning scenery. Rock climbing, abseiling, high-level hill walking, mountain-biking, canoeing, high rope work and sailing are all par for the course.
Flying is central to the cadet experience. There are loads of opportunities to take to the skies:
• Gliding – There are fantastic opportunities to glide while you are a cadet, with the ultimate goal being a solo flight. Training is in three stages: a Gliding Induction Course (GIC), Gliding Scholarship (GS) and Advanced Gliding Training (AGT).
• Air Experience Flights – Feel the thrill of powered flight, with a fully qualified pilot to guide you through taking control of the aircraft yourself. Not only have the opportunity to learn about the flying controls but you’ll experience aerobatics and low level flying too.
• Air Cadet Pilot Scheme – The pinnacle of flying as a cadet, for advanced handling. Complete this successfully and you’ll be awarded your cadet pilot wings. And if you do exceptionally well you could be recommended for further training which will help towards your Private Pilot’s Licence!
• Air Cadet Pilot Navigation Training Scheme – A great opportunity to use your navigation skills, this two-week course where you fly for up to eight hours is open to selected cadets. Success will lead to you gaining your ‘wings’.
Please email us if you would like your group, club or activity listed here
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
© 2021 Derby City Council